- If you purchased the property into a Trust, CC or as a private individual will determine how you draft the wording on the Deed of Sale.
- It would be advisable to firstly go and assess the market. Do some research and try to compare your property to similar properties in your suburb.
- If your property is in need of some maintenance, now would be the time to do the maintenance. This greatly improves the time it takes to sell your property.
- The reason for this is to assist you in arriving at a market related price for your property.
- An over priced property is in the market for extended periods and could become over exposed and perspective buyers could be then led to draw the wrong conclusion about your property.
- Try and remember what it was that drew you to your property when you purchased it and use that as a marketing tool.
- What are the features and attractions that swayed you to purchase and that given suburb.
- It is advisable to have the plans of your property at hand as all the measurements are on the plans and this could help perspective buyers in deciding whether their piano or oversized fridge would fit into a specific place.
- Have the Certificate Of Conformance for the electrical instillation ready.
- It is the responsibility of the seller to furbish a certificate and to bear the costs.
- It is advisable to have a copy of the utilities account (Rates and Taxes Certificate) at hand as perspective buyers generally want to know what the running costs are for the property.
- It is the responsibility of the seller to have a certificate at hand that states that the utilities are up to date.
- The erf size and the size of the house are also reflected on the utilities (Rates and Taxes) bill and this is generally a question that perspective buyers ask “how large is the erf and the house?” All this information is on your utilities (Rates and Taxes) bill.
- It is a general rule that you do not hand over occupancy of your property until either,
- The guarantees are met. This just means that the perspective buyers are qualified financially to purchase your property.
- The Deed Of Sale has been approved via The Deeds Office through your attorney.
- The reason for this is to protect you as the current owner of the property against squatters and people who are not in a financial position to buy a property.
- Now would be a good time to decide whether you would want to contract the services of a reputable estate agent or whether you would want to sell you property privately and finally whether you would want to sell you property privately online.