By logging into or using MyRoof, the user hereby agrees and warrants:
That your login details will be used by the user alone.
That your login details will not be disclosed to any third party.
That any contact details obtained from MyRoof.co.za will not be used to contact any MyRoof clients in
order to sell the client’s property, unless otherwise specified by MyRoof.
The Seller of the property entered into an agreement with MyRoof to market and sell the property listed
on this website and by contacting the Seller you agree that you were introduced to the property by
That as an estate agent, you browse properties on MyRoof with the purpose of obtaining property stock in
order to sell this stock to your buyers. Any commission resulting from the sale of aforementioned
property on MyRoof is therefore subject to a 50/50 split between MyRoof and the Estate Agent/Agency.
This is in line with regular course of business where one party introduces the seller and one party
introduces the buyer.
- Myroof.co.za will do its best to offer you a secure and reliable service.
- In turn, you agree not to compromise the security or tamper with any information, data, resources,
accounts or records of any person on the website.
Using the website
By using the website, you agree to:
- Follow generally acceptable Internet etiquette
- Indemnify Myroof.co.za free from any loss or damage of whatever nature caused as a result of using the
- Follow all laws applicable to the intellectual property rights of all content and available services by
accessing the Myroof.co.za website.
- Not resell any content or use Myroof.co.za’s content for monetary gain, unless permitted by Myroof.co.za
- Not to copy any software, reproduce any part of any content or service or use any software and/or
content in any work or publication.
You also agree that:
- Your right to access the MyRoof.co.za website does not give you any rights on any intellectual property,
trade marks, copyrights, registered designs, patents, domain names, know-how, trade secrets rights of
or any of our service/content providers.
You are the registered owner of the property advertised as a private sale; and not an estate agent
the property on behalf of the owner and indicating that it is a private sale.
You as the owner will mark the property via the system as SOLD when it has registered in the new owners
name or it is for any reason not for sale anymore. In this event the property will still display on the
MyRoof website but no contact details will be available.
- All liability as to the quality and or accuracy of any content or available service, or to the fitness
for a particular purpose of any content or available service on the MyRoof.co.za website.
- By using the site you indemnify MyRoof.co.za from liability for loss or damage of whatever nature and
howsoever arising from your use of the MyRoof.co.za website and or any services, content or obligation
in terms of these terms and conditions.
- We expressly disclaim any and all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of
merchantability, accuracy of measurements, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement,
compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Should the website user break any of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement, MyRoof.co.za
can in its sole discretion make a decision to terminate this agreement and recover all and any costs
related to such termination and or terminate, without notice, your access to the MyRoof.co.za website
and or any MyRoof.co.za services you might be subscribed to.
Payment for Listings
- MyRoof.co.za offer a FREE or paid appointment slot to a seller when booking an appointment on the site
- If you have booked a FREE appointment slot the advertising service will be at no charge.
- If the paid appointment option was taken payment will have to be done on the system before confirmation
of the appointment.
- Please note that MyRoof will send out a property lister to your property if that was indicated as part
of the option chosen. If for ANY reason he/she cannot get access to the property as per appointment
details this service will not be offered again as FREE and no refund will be given on any money paid.
- MyRoof can charge a fee to their discretion to reschedule the appointment.
- MyRoof can change the services offered as part of a free or paid appointment at any time
- Once an offer is accepted by the property owner, MyRoof.co.za will inform the prospective buyer via
- This e-mail is sent from email@example.com to the e-mail address specified by the buyer when
- It remains the responsibility of the buyer to add firstname.lastname@example.org to his/her safe sender list to make
sure all emails sent by MyRoof.co.za are received timeously.
- Although every effort is taken to ensure that all emails are sent by MyRoof.co.za, we cannot guarantee
Alteration To These Terms & Conditions
- MyRoof.co.za reserves the right to amend or change these terms and conditions at any time by posting a
notification indicating that we have changed our Terms & Conditions on the MyRoof.co.za website.
- The user will then be responsible for reviewing the new Terms & Conditions. Continued use of the website
will warrant the acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions.
- This agreement constitutes the whole of the agreement between you and MyRoof.co.za in regard to the
subject matter thereof, there are no other agreements, guarantees or representations, either verbal or
in writing, in regard thereto upon which you are relying in concluding this agreement.
- MyRoof.co.za does its utmost to ensure that the content on the MyRoof.co.za website is accurate.
However, we do not guarantee that the information on the website, any tools available on the website
including calculators, software or content including maps and floor plans of Standard Bank mandated
properties, Absa properties, FNB properties or private properties are correct. MyRoof.co.za facilitates
the process for making and receiving offers on property listings on its website www.myroof.co.za.
- There are 6 types of properties for sale on MyRoof.co.za:
- Premium Estate
- New Developments
- Bank (Absa, Standard Bank and FNB)
- Absa Bank Trust
- Commission will be due to MyRoof if you purchase any of the following properties by using the MyRoof
facilities in any way:
- Premium Estate
- Absa Bank Trust
- Developers can sell their own developments through MyRoof by means of a separate agreement only.
- By making an offer on any property listed in MyRoof.co.za online, you warrant that you understand that
making an offer is not entering into a bidding process, except for Standard Bank repossessed properties
that are specified as online auctions.
- FNB, Standard Bank and Absa are acting in their sole and unbiased discretion, and for whatever reason
retain the right to accept or reject any offer at any time and are not obliged to accept the highest
- Standard Bank sells their bank repossessed properties on MyRoof.co.za using an electronic auction
- Standard Bank repossessed properties on auction will be marked with an “Online Auction” ribbon and the
rules of the auction will be available on every property on auction.
- These auction rules form part of MyRoof.co.za’s general Terms and Conditions and are not separate
- By making a pre-auction offer you request to be notified of when the property goes on auction via
- You will also be notified of other pre auction offers. You can request not to receive notifications of
other pre-auction offers at any time by clicking on the provided link in the e-mail.
- All auction sales are non-suspensive and sold as is, in other words “voetstoots”.
- All properties will be sold with reserve unless otherwise stated.
- Properties on auction with a “reserve” will be sold subject to confirmation of the seller.
- No “BID” will be allowed to be made “ON BEHALF” of anybody unless the proxy giving a 3rd party
permission is uploaded as required.
- No bidder can withdraw a “BID” at any stage.
- The successful bidder must pay their deposit into the auctioneers trust account within 2 working days
(48 hours) of his bid being accepted by means of EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). No other payment
method will be accepted.
- The outstanding balance of the bid price to be delivered by means of guarantee, mortgage finance or
- Should any dispute arise between two or more bidders, the property may be re-auctioned or the auctioneer
will declare who the successful bidder is.
- Should the auctioneer commit any error in conducting the sale, such mistake shall not be considered
binding either upon the seller or the purchaser but shall be rectified.
- The auctioneer shall have the right to re-auction any given property if the successful bidder does not
pay his deposit in the agreed time.
- The successful bidder cannot occupy the property prior to registration without special arrangement from
- The auctioneer shall have the right to withdraw any property prior to the auction ending for any reason
whatsoever at the auctioneer’s sole discretion.
- Should any dispute arise between two or more bidders the lot may be put up for auction again or the
auctioneer may identify the purchaser.
Non-Mandated Standard Bank and Absa Agents
- Standard Bank and Absa Pay Commission as indicated to Non-Mandated Agents upon successful registration
of the property where such agent was the result of such sale and successfully logged the offer on the
- No agent’s commission is paid by the seller of properties sold via online auction.
- Agents are welcome to negotiate an agent’s commission from the buyer on such properties but the
agreement must be made between the buyer and the agent.
- Neither MyRoof.co.za nor Standard Bank will be responsible for paying commission or arranging commission
for agents from buyers who buy properties on auction.
South African Law
- These terms and conditions will be interpreted and used in conjunction with the laws of the Republic of
South Africa, and your continual use of MyRoof.co.za will reflect your approval and compliance to the
jurisdiction of South African courts.
- The latter will be true regarding all applications, transactions and proceedings as well as the misuse
or any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Agent's Commission and Agent Misrepresentation
- No agent’s commission is paid by the seller of properties sold via this website unless the payment of
commission is specifically agreed in writing between the seller and MyRoof.co.za.
- Should the seller sign any agreement of sale providing for the payment of commission to an agent, the
seller does so at his / her own risk.
- The seller indemnifies MyRoof.co.za from liability for any loss or damage arising from the signature by
the seller of a sale agreement which provides for the payment of commission by the seller to any agent.
- The seller is advised to request MyRoof.co.za to peruse all sale agreements prior to signature thereof
by the seller, and the seller warrants that he / she will not sign any sale agreement without prior
confirmation by MyRoof.co.za that the said sale agreement conforms with these terms and conditions.
Please take note of the following general information on buying this type of Insolvent property:
- The offer, once signed by the Purchaser, will be open for acceptance by the Seller for a period of 30 days. Should the Seller elect not to accept the offer, the Purchaser shall have no claim against the Seller or MyRoof for failure of such acceptance.
- If accepted, the offer is subject to approval of the sale by the Court of the Master of the High Court within 60 days of the Seller accepting the offer (or such extended date as parties may agree to).
- A 10% deposit of the purchase price is payable by the Purchaser within 3 days of the offer being accepted by the Seller.
- Transfer duty and legal conveyancing costs are payable by the Purchaser.
- Should the Seller be a VAT vendor, then the purchase price will be exclusive of VAT and shall be for the account of the Purchaser. Either transfer duty or VAT will be payable (not both), depending on the circumstances
- The property is sold voetstoots (meaning "as is").
- Occupation will be given on date of transfer, unless otherwise agreed. The Seller does not warrant that the Purchaser will be able to obtain vacant occupation of the property. The property is sold subject to existing tenancies.
- Where the property is guarded, an appointment must be made with the specific security company prior to viewing the property.
- The Purchaser shall be liable to obtain all compliance certificates in respect of the property (e.g. electrical compliance certificate).