By logging into or using MyRoof, the user hereby agrees and warrants:
That your login details will be used by the user alone.
That your login details will not be disclosed to any third party.
That any contact details obtained from MyRoof.co.za will not be used to contact any MyRoof clients
in order to sell the client’s property, unless otherwise specified by MyRoof.
The Seller of a privately listed property, not represented by an estate agent on MyRoof entered into
an agreement with MyRoof to market and sell the property listed on this website and by contacting
the Seller you agree that you were introduced to the property by MyRoof.
- Myroof.co.za will do its best to offer you a secure and reliable service.
- In turn, you agree not to compromise the security or tamper with any information, data, resources,
accounts or records of any person on the website.
Using the website
By using the website, you agree to:
- Follow generally acceptable Internet etiquette
- Indemnify Myroof.co.za free from any loss or damage of whatever nature caused as a result of using
- Follow all laws applicable to the intellectual property rights of all content and available services
by accessing the Myroof.co.za website.
- Not resell any content or use Myroof.co.za’s content for monetary gain, unless permitted by
Myroof.co.za in writing.
- Not to copy any software, reproduce any part of any content or service or use any software and/or
content in any work or publication.
You also agree that:
- Your right to access the MyRoof.co.za website does not give you any rights on any intellectual
property, content, trade marks, copyrights, registered designs, patents, domain names, know-how,
trade secrets or rights of MyRoof.co.za or any of our service/content providers.
You as the advertiser will mark the property via the system as SOLD when it has registered in the
new owners name or it is for any reason not for sale anymore. In this event the property will still
display on the MyRoof website but no contact details will be available.
- All liability as to the quality and or accuracy of any content or available service, or to the
fitness for a particular purpose of any content or available service on the MyRoof.co.za website.
- By using the site you indemnify MyRoof.co.za from liability for loss or damage of whatever nature
and howsoever arising from your use of the MyRoof.co.za website and or any services, content or
obligation in terms of these terms and conditions.
- We expressly disclaim any and all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of
merchantability, accuracy of measurements, title, fitness for a particular purpose,
non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Should the website user break any of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement,
MyRoof.co.za can in its sole discretion make a decision to terminate this agreement and recover all
and any costs related to such termination and or terminate, without notice, your access to the
MyRoof.co.za website and or any MyRoof.co.za services you might be subscribed to.
Payment for Listings
- MyRoof.co.za offer a FREE or paid appointment slot to a seller when booking an appointment on the site
- If you have booked a FREE appointment slot the advertising service will be at no charge.
- If the paid appointment option was taken payment will have to be done on the system before confirmation of the appointment.
- Please note that MyRoof will send out a property lister to your property if that was indicated as part of the option chosen. If for ANY reason he/she cannot get access to the property as per appointment details this service will not be offered again as FREE and no refund will be given on any money paid.
- MyRoof can charge a fee at their discretion to reschedule the appointment.
- MyRoof can change the services offered as part of a free or paid appointment at any time
- Can list their properties on MyRoof free of charge.
- Can buy credits to boost/upgrade their properties. Credits purchased cannot be refunded and remains valid for use on www.myroof.co.za for a period of 12 months.
- Can upgrade any free listing to a pro listing for a daily fee as indicated when upgrading the listing.
- Can boost any free or pro listing by paying a daily fee as indicated when requesting to boost the property.
- All pro and boosting fees are paid from the users’ credits per calendar day or part thereof and no refunds will be given under any circumstances. These daily fees will be subtracted from the users available credits daily until it is cancelled by the user or the user has no more funds available.
- Only accepted payment methods are Credit Card and EFT. No cash deposits allowed.
- Refunds could incur banking cost.
COOLING OFF PERIOD AND REFUNDS for DIRECT MARKETING Contracts
- If MyRoof contact you, either in person, by mail, phone, fax or sms, for the purpose of promoting or offering to supply you with its services pertaining to advertisements on the MyRoof Website there will be a "Direct Marketing Contract" between yourself and MyRoof.
- You may, without reason, cancel a Direct Marketing Contract, by giving written notice to MyRoof within 5 business days of concluding such Contract.
- Within 10 business days of receiving written notice of cancellation from you, MyRoof will refund you the total amount received in respect of that Direct Marketing Contract.
- Except if stated otherwise, no refunds will be given by MyRoof under any circumstances.
- A paid listing can be cancelled for a full refund in writing up to 24 hours before the appointment time. There will be no refund for any appointment cancelled within the last 24 hours before the appointment time.
- Once a listing has been upgraded/boosted to a pro listing or higher position, the first days daily cost for the upgrade/boost will be deducted from the users’ available balance and cannot be refunded.
- The user can cancel any upgrade/boost at any time using the website and no further funds will be deducted.
- Once an offer is accepted via the MyRoof system by the property owner, MyRoof.co.za will inform the
prospective buyer via e-mail.
- This e-mail is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the e-mail address specified by the buyer when
- It remains the responsibility of the buyer to add email@example.com to his/her safe sender list to
make sure all emails sent by MyRoof.co.za are received timeously.
- Although every effort is taken to ensure that all emails are sent by MyRoof.co.za, we cannot
Alteration To These Terms & Conditions
- MyRoof.co.za reserves the right to amend or change these terms and conditions at any time by posting
the last updated date at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions page.
- The user will then be responsible for reviewing the new Terms & Conditions. Continued use of the
website will warrant the acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions.
- This agreement constitutes the whole of the agreement between you and MyRoof.co.za in regard to the
subject matter thereof, there are no other agreements, guarantees or representations, either verbal
or in writing, in regard thereto upon which you are relying in concluding this agreement.
- MyRoof.co.za does its utmost to ensure that the content on the MyRoof.co.za website is accurate.
However, we do not guarantee that the information on the website, any tools available on the website
including calculators, software or content including maps and floor plans of Standard Bank mandated
properties, FNB properties, Estate Agent properties or private properties are
correct. MyRoof.co.za facilitates the marketing process for property listings on its website
There are 6 types of properties for sale on MyRoof.co.za:
- Free - Estate Agent
- Pro - Estate Agent
- Free – Private
- Pro - Private
- Bank (Standard Bank and FNB)
Commission will be due to MyRoof if you purchase any of the following properties by using the MyRoof
facilities in any way:
- Developers can sell their own developments through MyRoof by means of a separate agreement only.
- By making an offer on any property listed in MyRoof.co.za online, you warrant that you understand
that making an offer is not entering into a bidding process, except for Standard Bank repossessed
properties that are specified as online auctions.
- FNB and Standard Bank are acting in their sole and unbiased discretion, and for whatever
reason retain the right to accept or reject any offer at any time and are not obliged to accept the
- Standard Bank sells their bank repossessed properties on MyRoof.co.za using an electronic auction
- Standard Bank repossessed properties on auction will be marked with as “Online Auction” and the
rules of the auction will be available on every property on auction.
- These auction rules form part of MyRoof.co.za’s general Terms and Conditions and are not separate
- By making a pre-auction offer you request to be notified of when the property goes on auction via
- You will also be notified of other pre auction offers. You can request not to receive notifications
of other pre-auction offers at any time by clicking on the provided link in the e-mail.
- All auction sales are non-suspensive and sold as is, in other words “voetstoots”.
- All properties will be sold with reserve unless otherwise stated.
- Properties on auction with a “reserve” will be sold subject to confirmation of the seller.
- No “BID” will be allowed to be made “ON BEHALF” of anybody unless the proxy giving a 3rd party
permission is uploaded as required.
- No bidder can withdraw a “BID” at any stage.
- The successful bidder must pay their deposit into the auctioneers trust account within 2 working
days (48 hours) of his bid being accepted by means of EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). No other
payment method will be accepted.
- The outstanding balance of the bid price to be delivered by means of guarantee, mortgage finance or
- Should any dispute arise between two or more bidders, the property may be re-auctioned or the
auctioneer will declare who the successful bidder is.
- Should the auctioneer commit any error in conducting the sale, such mistake shall not be considered
binding either upon the seller or the purchaser but shall be rectified.
- The auctioneer shall have the right to re-auction any given property if the successful bidder does
not pay his deposit in the agreed time.
- The successful bidder cannot occupy the property prior to registration without special arrangement
from the seller.
- The auctioneer shall have the right to withdraw any property prior to the auction ending for any
reason whatsoever at the auctioneer’s sole discretion.
- Should any dispute arise between two or more bidders the lot may be put up for auction again or the
auctioneer may identify the purchaser.
Non-Mandated Standard Bank and FNB
- Banks Pay Commission as indicated to Non-Mandated Agents upon successful registration of the
property where such agent was the result of such sale and successfully logged the offer on the
- No agent’s commission is paid by the seller of properties sold via online auction.
- Agents are welcome to negotiate an agent’s commission from the buyer on such properties but the
agreement must be made between the buyer and the agent.
- Neither MyRoof.co.za nor Standard Bank will be responsible for paying commission or arranging
commission for agents from buyers who buy properties on auction.
South African Law
- These terms and conditions will be interpreted and used in conjunction with the laws of the Republic
of South Africa, and your use of MyRoof.co.za will reflect your approval and compliance to the
jurisdiction of South African courts.
- The latter will be true regarding all applications, transactions and proceedings as well as the
misuse or any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Agent's Commission on Private Advertised Properties
- No agent’s commission is paid by the seller of properties sold via this website unless the payment
of commission is specifically agreed in writing between the seller and MyRoof.co.za.
- The seller is advised to request MyRoof.co.za to peruse all sale agreements prior to signature
thereof by the seller, and the seller warrants that he / she will not sign any sale agreement
without prior confirmation by MyRoof.co.za that the said sale agreement conforms with these terms
Please take note of the following general information on buying this type of Insolvent property:
- The offer, once signed by the Purchaser, will be open for acceptance by the Seller for a period of
30 days. Should the Seller elect not to accept the offer, the Purchaser shall have no claim against
the Seller or MyRoof for failure of such acceptance.
- If accepted, the offer is subject to approval of the sale by the Court of the Master of the High
Court within 60 days of the Seller accepting the offer (or such extended date as parties may agree
- A 10% deposit of the purchase price is payable by the Purchaser within 3 days of the offer being
accepted by the Seller.
- Transfer duty and legal conveyancing costs are payable by the Purchaser.
- Should the Seller be a VAT vendor, then the purchase price will be exclusive of VAT and shall be for
the account of the Purchaser. Either transfer duty or VAT will be payable (not both), depending on
- The property is sold voetstoots (meaning "as is").
- Occupation will be given on date of transfer, unless otherwise agreed. The Seller does not warrant
that the Purchaser will be able to obtain vacant occupation of the property. The property is sold
subject to existing tenancies.
- Where the property is guarded, an appointment must be made with the specific security company prior
to viewing the property.
- The Purchaser shall be liable to obtain all compliance certificates in respect of the property (e.g.
electrical compliance certificate).
Protection Of Personal Information
- In order for the Company to perform its obligations under this Agreement, the Client may need to disclose to the Company certain of the Client’s or third parties’ Personal Information (as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), as amended).
- In processing the Personal Information, the Company is required to develop processes, implement measures and controls compliant with POPIA
- The Company agrees that it shall not process the Personal Information whether for its account or for any reason or purpose whatsoever unless such is being done in compliance with POPIA
- The Company warrants that is has in place appropriate security measures, both technical and organisational, against the unlawful or unauthorised processing of information .